Weather is the single biggest variable in flying. It can turn a long-awaited vacation into a long wait at the FBO, a quick two-hour flight into a tedious four-hour slog, or a stress-free jaunt into a skill-testing ordeal. The variations are infinite, but for pilots it all boils down to two questions:
- What’s really going on out there, and
- What does it mean for me?
The day-to-day challenge of answering those questions is the focus of our new seminar. We’ll take a no-nonsense look at how you can get better, more complete weather information—and make better, more informed decisions as a result. We’ll talk about:
- The best weather resources, and when to use them
- Situations that tempt smart pilots to make dumb choices
- Weather-related accidents and the factors that led to them
- Knowing what’s safe and what isn’t when things get “complicated”
Check the AOPA website for the location and time of the Real World Weather seminar nearest you – then come on out and bring a friend.